To be at the forefront of effective regulation of the gambling and liquor industries.
To ensure the integrity of the gambling and liquor industries through efficient regulation within the Mpumalanga Province of South Africa.
The objectives of the Regulator are to regulate the gambling and liquor industries in the Province in terms of the relevant legislation, inter-alia;
To ensure the suitability of all persons wishing to participate in the gambling and liquor industries within Mpumalanga;
- To ensure the effective and efficient regulation of gambling and liquor industries in terms of the relevant legislation;
- To ensure that the MER operates in accordance with national, provincial and international gambling and liquor policies and standards;
- To conduct research, with a view to advise Government on the socio-economic impact of gambling and liquor within the Province;
- To perform the functions of the MER in accordance with acceptable corporate governance practices;
- To promote responsible gambling, liquor trade and consumption in the Mpumalanga Province through public awareness campaigns;
- To promote transformation and sustainability of the gambling and liquor industries in the Province; and To provide assurance that complete and accurate levies are paid as prescribed.